Interested in becoming a tutor?
We would be interested in speaking with you.
Above Grade Level of Northwest Houston provides in-home and remote tutoring services for students from kindergarten through 12th grade as well as college students.
1:1 In-Home & Remote Tutoring
We tutor students in Math, English/Language Arts, Science, SAT, ACT, PSAT, GED & Spanish. Our main focus is on 1 on 1 personal tutoring, in-home or remotely based on client needs.
We are seeking tutors in the North West Houston area, servicing clients in Katy, Cypress, Tomball, Spring and the Woodlands. Tutoring sessions are typically after school through the early evening hours.
While most of our clients prefer our 1 on 1 in-home tutoring service, we are also doing remote tutoring to help clients who cannot do at home, or who are outside the Houston area. Some situations may call for small group tutoring classes, please let us know if you are comfortable and capable of handing multiple students at a time.
Meet A Tutor
Part-Time Tutor Requirements
- Prior relevant experience in Math, English / Language Arts, Science or Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Patience and a desire to help students succeed
- Own transportation to get to students home
- Pass our in-home assessment in the desired tutoring subject
Successful candidates will be matched with the appropriate student based on the subject, students’ age, and students desired tutoring schedule.
Our students do best when they meet with the same tutor on a set schedule each day and week. Therefore, we are looking for tutors that can tutors consistently from week to week.
Benefits of Working with Above Grade Level
- We have our own materials which we will provide for the students
- We continue to communicate with the parents, addressing any questions or concerns they have
- We offer students a free assessment, so we have a good idea upfront of skill gaps
- We free up tutors to focus on students with little outside time requirements.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Chemistry the previous semester and was very nervous about adding Physics onto my workload. Mike was so great about finding someone to meet with me, and my tutor Christian was amazing. I made a B in Physics and am thinking I could make an A in Chemistry. I attribute quite a lot of this surge thanks to their help. Will definitely continue using this company for all my tough courses.
I highly recommend Above Grade Level Tutoring. Mike went above and beyond to work with our schedule and accommodate our needs. Our tutor was punctual, polite, and very knowledgeable. Above Grade Level Tutoring has a very obvious passion for helping your child succeed.
The Texas Tutor Team
|Monday||9:00 AM||–||8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM||–||8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||–||8:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||–||8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||–||8:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM||–||5:00 PM|
After hours by appointment.